Learn how UH Faculty and Staff are using Collaborate
New to Collaborate?
Watch our introduction video
Collaborate offers powerful features to teach, reach, and engage students.
Catherine Fulford shares her experience using Collaborate for departmental use.
Collaborate empowers advisors from the Office of Student Academic Services
Your own web conferencing space to use anytime, from anywhere — using audio, video and chat
Your virtual office participant link will provide you and your students 24/7 access with NO scheduling and NO participant limit!
- Students connect with you and others
- Lecture while traveling
- Bring in guest lecturers
- Student Advising/Tutoring
- Online Interviews
- Faculty / Staff meetings
- Research Collaboration
- Online Conferences
Present using slides, images, and whiteboard
Show slide presentations to all users with ease! With drag-and-drop features, you can easily rearrange the order of your slides and edit them on the fly.
Unique Presentation Features
- Shared Whiteboard: Show your work live on a whiteboard viewable by all participants
- Application Sharing: Share any program on your computer or share your entire screen
- Share PDFs, image files, or PowerPoint slides
Use breakout rooms to split a large class into smaller groups
- Each small group has the same full set of features as the main room: text chat, audio and a whiteboard that can then be shared with the larger group after the breakout session has concluded
- Assign a facilitator in each breakout room
- Circulate between groups to observe or participate
Record online sessions, both lecture and group interaction, with one click
- Share recordings via email or post the link to your class site (such as Laulima!)
- Enable students to review lectures
- “Flipped Learning” – record a lecture beforehand, then use your live session for discussion
Local, face-to-face, personalized training and technical support through DCDC
- Phone, email, face-to-face, and online nighttime support on Hawaii time
- Learn to use Collaborate effectively in your courses
- Access updated support material
- Attend trainings, webinars and workshops
Pricing Through DCDC
DCDC training and support included for all options below:
|Option||price per vOffice (annual)|
|All faculty and Staff (over 20)||$199|
|20 vOffices (purchased together)||$299|
|5 virtual offices (purchased together)||$399|
|Individual virtual office||$499|
Custom Option Available
DCDC has a Collaborative package to fit your needs and
budget. Please contact us to discuss custom arrangements,
payment packages or to schedule a demo.
Please feel free to contact us by using our email form or by phone, (808) 956-3934.
Click on our Collaborate Support Page to view training videos, get recommendations for hardware and download guides.