Join us in this MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) where we’ll explore the history and theories behind common approaches to online learning today. We’ll take a look at e-learning from the perspectives of the designer, the instructor, and of course, the learner. Through independent and collaborative activities you’ll get a better understanding of how to conceptualize designs for good e-learning in your context of choice. This course uses open content and will culminate in a final project that will contribute to a growing resource that is freely and publicly available.
- 12 weeks
- Language: English
- Those who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion
- Readings, videos
- Small group discussion activities
- Synchronous online meetings (and/or recordings)
- Assignments that will be part of a cumulative final project
- The Theory and Practice of Online Learning, 2nd ed., Terry Anderson
- Online version is free using the link
- Any web-enabled device with a stable internet connection
- Headphones or earbuds
- Built-in or external microphone (many earbuds/headsets have them)
- Video device such as a webcam or smart phone (built-in versions OK)
- The next version of this is scheduled to be taught January 2021.
- Please click on the registration link below if you are interested in the course.
SemesterRegister for free